The Genomics Coordination Centre has a team of ~25 project leaders, programmers, postdocs and PhD students on a mission to research, develop and support next-generation life sciences with database and analysis infrastructures.
We provide bioinformatics services to research groups in the UMCG, University of Groningen (RuG), and elsewhere.
The GCC Roadmap
SV and indel calling
Genetic information system (GIDS 2.0)
Biobank harmonization tools
Multi-omics data integration
Improvements high availability storage
There are two bioinformatics teams:
(1) The ‘Computing’ team for:
• ‘In-house’ next generation sequence analysis (in collaboration with the GAF, Genome Analysis Facility)
• Genome of the Netherlands (GoNL)
• Variant databasing, eg Genome NL Variant catalogue
(2) The ‘Portal’ team for:
• Biobank catalogues
• Multi-omics data integration (Human, Plants, Mice, Rats, Worms)
• Patient research data capture
We can help you plan your project and store and analyze your bioinformatics data. We have a catalogue of re-usable research infrastructure blocks for this purpose. We are also building a high speed, robust, computer and storage infrastructure that everyone can use, and for which our aim is to have no single points of hardware failure.
For further information, contact email@example.com
Genomics Coordination Centre (GCC), Dept of Genetics
UMCG, Groningen, the Netherlands